~Custom Blog Designs, Blogger Tutorials, Premades, and more!~

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Walk Like You Have Somewhere to Go (Review)


I recently discovered a book review program called Book Sneeze. The program is run by Thomas Nelson publishing. Book Sneeze sends out books to read and then you post a honest review. I was excited to receive my first book to review called "Walk Like You Have Somewhere To Go" written by Lucille O'Neal. Ms. O'Neal is the mother of NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal. Ms. O'Neal recounts parts of her life from childhood to the present and talks about lessons she learned along the way. Ms. O'Neal talks in detail about how her faith and family impacted her life and decisions.

I enjoyed reading "Walk Like You Have Someplace To Go" mostly because of the positive tone Ms. O'Neil used. However, I could not help but wonder how many women have gone through the same or similar circumstances but have not had the fortune to end up with a son in the NBA, or the opportunity for a book deal.

I do recommend this book but not because it is about Shaquille O'Neal's mom but rather because it is a poignant story of a woman overcoming challenges in her life and staying positive along the way.

I received this book to review courtesy of Thomas Nelson as a part of their Booksneeze.com program. The opinions in the post are mine and mine alone. I was under no obligation to give the book a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Custom Scrapbook Blog Designs