~Custom Blog Designs, Blogger Tutorials, Premades, and more!~

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Guy's Guide To Life (Review)



I recently read A Guy's Guide To Life by author Jason Boyett. The premise of the book is how to become a man in 224 pages or less. Although the premise is supposed to be funny (Boyett acknowledges that a book cannot teach how to be a man), I found that the book does offer some very important lessons to guide young men. Even though I am a woman I was intrigued by this book because I am always looking for tips and insights into raising my son.

I will definitely be holding on to this book to share with my son when he is old enough to need it. Boyett shares big and small tips throughout the book that I found to be interesting. The writing style is light and includes 'Big Tips' throughout along with 'Pop Quizzes' to keep things fun.

If you are in the mood to read about fun things like boxers vs. brief or bigger lessons like how to be a gentleman and rules for dating, this is a perfect read for you. I also recommend it for parents raising sons because it can definitely be used as a conversation starter for some very important topics for young men.

I received a copy of this book to review from the Booksneeze.com program. The opinions stated are mine and mine alone. I was not under any obligation to provide a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Custom Scrapbook Blog Designs