~Custom Blog Designs, Blogger Tutorials, Premades, and more!~

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More Tuesday Randomness!



Welcome to this week's Random Tuesdays hosted by The Un Mom. Here are some random thoughts on my mind at the moment.

Ok random thoughts. Random thoughts...Apparently all I have in my head right now is nothingness because I cannot even think about random things to talk about. I am going to go search the internet for some interesting random things for you. That way we can all learn a little something and I don't have to sit here wondering what to write about. It's a win win situation.
I googled random and Random.org came up first. If you have not heard of Random.org it is actually a pretty cool website. You just put two numbers in and they kick back a completely random number from between the two you entered. It is sort of fun in an I don't have anything better to do right now kind of way. Many bloggers, including myself, use Random.org to pick giveaway winners.
What could be more random than the meaning of the word random? According to Wikipedia: Randomness is a concept with somewhat disparate meanings in several fields. It also has common meanings which may have loose connections with some of those more definite meanings. The Oxford English Dictionary defines "random" thus:
Having no definite aim or purpose; not sent or guided in a particular direction; made, done, occurring, etc., without method or conscious choice; haphazard.
Alright on to some actual random facts:
Odontophobia is the fear of teeth. I have two sisters (and both of their husbands who are dentists). Hopefully none of them come down with a sudden case of Odontophobia!
Diet Coke was only invented in 1982. However, I cannot remember life before Diet Coke. I love Diet Coke. Diet Coke has been my friend through many tough days at work. When I was pregnant I missed Diet Coke everyday (well everyday except the times when I secretly drank one).
A car that shifts manually gets 2 miles more per gallon of gas than a car with automatic shift. Every car I have ever owned has been a manual transmission. I drove to another state to buy my last car because I wanted a manual transmission and could not find one in my area.
If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
After browsing the internet for randomness I think that may be a good way to study for trivia games and game shows. Jeopardy here I come!!!
See you next week...on the random!

1 comment:

  1. wow that's a lot of random new stuff.. love the money thing.. didn't know that..
    Happy Random here's mine

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Custom Scrapbook Blog Designs